1. Tell us a little bit about your business.
I have a full-time gig as the Creative Director at ZinePak (ZinePak.com). When I am not ZinePak-ing, I use my freelance business (abbydowning.com) as a creative outlet to do different kinds of work with smaller business. My favorite part thing of this side gig is the opportunity to meet new people from all different places and be a part of that "thing" that is currently driving and inspiring them.
2. What little piece of advice would you share with a fellow entrepreneur?
Be prepared. Be flexible. Be confident.
And celebrate even the smallest victories.
3. As you started your own business, what resources (book or podcast) have been an encouragement to you?
Any books or podcasts that I listen to typically pertain to my life in general - regardless of which professional hat I’m wearing.
One of my favorite podcasts is Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert. It is all about real conversations with real people about their creative life.
A few of books I’ve gotten a lot out of are The War of Art by Steven Pressfield and The Art of the Idea by John Hunt and Rework by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson.
4. How was your experience with ShaynaMade?
Shayna is fun & super professional. And her work was better than expected (and I have high expectations!)
5. What is your favorite "pick-me-up" on a bad day?
A walk on the beach with my dog, Captain … paired with happy hour.
Gold foiled business cards look amazing and feel amazing!! Order yours today in the shop. I would love to work with you!!